Friday, October 9, 2009

Animals Hate Golfers

WTF ?!?!?!?
A 77-year-old man lost his arm below the elbow on Thursday when he was attacked by an alligator while playing golf on Fripp Island, the Island Packet reported on its Web site.The man, who was playing the 11th hole of the island's Ocean Creek Golf Course, leaned down to pick up his ball when a 10-foot long alligator grabbed his arm, said Kate Hines, general manager of the Fripp Island Property Owners Association, according to the report. The alligator then dragged the man into a nearby pond and went into a series of "death rolls," a technique it uses to tear apart its food, Hines told the paper. That was when the man lost his arm. The man's golf buddies were able to free him from the alligator's grasp and called 911, according to the report. Tracks worker killed the alligator and performed a necropsy on it to remove the man's arm from the animal's digestive track, Hines told the paper. The arm was stored in a cooler in the hopes of re-attaching it. The man's condition was still unknown late Thursday night.
Wow, this hits home ... I f**kin love golf.  The other day, I saw a huge turtle go into the pond at my local muni.  I think I'd flip shit if I saw something like this.  Jeezus, I mean ... think about this.  The gator knew the guy hit a bad shot into the pond.  They Learn this stuff!  People hit bad shots all the time!  I mean, not me, so I have nothing to worry about ... And hell, if my dog knows where we keep the food, you can bet your sweet golfing ass that a gator can figure this stuff out.  That gator waited for the guy to go try and get his ball, and then decided to eat him.  I mean, holy cow ... All that aside, I will be asking for one of these for Christmas ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting ... now run and hide!